Welcome to the best wedding & events venue in Yorkshire, Lincolnshire & East Midlands
Hirst Priory is all about you. Your dreams, your aspirations, your biggest of big days. We are experts at delivering exactly what you want, anticipating your every need and helping you create your perfect stress free wedding or event.
We have a stunningly beautiful venue full of regal charm and a warm inviting character that will compliment your personal theme to perfection, both indoors and outdoors.
Find out more about Hirst Priory below or skip to the following links:
Hirst Priory is a 300 year old country house near Crowle, built on the original site of a 12th Century Augustinian monastery. The picturesque bridge that carries you over the threshold of the venue crosses the original dry moat that protected the monks 800 years previous. The whole place has a uniquely timeless ambience and a relaxed charm that you and your guests will find immediately inviting and engaging.
The mature woodland to the East side of the house has a natural clearing amongst the trees that has been sensitively opened up to form the most magical outdoor ceremony space. It is a wonderfully picturesque setting filled with dappled sunlight and the joyous sound of birdsong in the trees. To be married in the woods at Hirst Priory is a very personal and memorable experience to share with your close family and friends.
The South facing gardens are ideal for photographs, socialising and for guests to leisurely explore and relax. The 400m2 lawn is just the right size for our good friends at Serentipi to add their awesome two and three hat tipis to your package. It is an excitingly stylish way to accommodate higher numbers and they are an absolute favourite with guests for when the time comes to party!
Hirst Priory has undergone a £600,000 transformation in the last 5years to take it from a private Georgian country house to the region’s very best award winning wedding and events venue. Our suite of seven luxury boutique bedrooms provide the perfect place to spend time with close friends and family as you prepare for your big day. You will look and feel amazing as you sweep down the grand staircase in your wedding finery. The main rooms are a high quality setting for your ceremony and wedding breakfast service. The large windows allow plenty of natural light for great photographs and the neutral décor ensures your chosen theme delivers a truly personal experience just as you planned it.
Hirst Priory has a well kept secret that as of Spring 2019 is now ready to share. Underneath the oldest part of the house is the most amazingly atmospheric vaulted brick basement. This has been lovingly and sensitively refurbished to create a very special place for intimate uniquely themed weddings and events. There are very few places in the entire UK to match the ambience and experience of “The Vaults” at Hirst Priory.
Hirst Priory is an award winning and welcoming place that truly feels like your own personal estate for the day. It is a place where you can create a totally personalised wedding or event experience unlike any other. You will be supported by a highly dedicated team who will make your dreams and aspirations a reality. It is the perfect place for you!
What We Do
At Hirst Priory we have an exclusive venue and an open minded team of professionals dedicated to making your wedding or event everything you could wish it to be. We are experts at delivering bespoke experiences tailored to perfection. We will make you look and feel amazing.
- Licensed premises for wedding ceremonies.
- Flexible range of packages with all inclusive and bespoke options.
- A clear pricing structure with no hidden costs.
- A team of creative, high quality suppliers able to deliver the exact experience you want.
- A stunning collection of indoor and outdoor ceremony and event spaces
- Partial or full venue hire for private and corporate parties, functions, meetings and events. Booking options include:
- A comprehensive range of catering from simple tea and coffee through to fine dining.
- Two well stocked bars for serving alcohol and soft drinks with a great range of gins and Fevertree tonics.
- Inspiring settings for themed events including outdoor woodland and below ground in The Vaults, our recently refurbished uniquely atmospheric vaulted brick basement.
- In-house expertise in AV and interactive technology provision.
- 7 beautiful newly refurbished luxury ensuite bedrooms including 2 family rooms.
- Bed and Breakfast.
- Exclusive whole venue hire with host and chef service included.
- Additional local accommodation within 10 minutes travel.
For Availability. Prices & Booking Contact Us
We have a fantastic team at Hirst Priory who will ensure your time with us is enjoyable and all runs smoothly. As you will see from our testimonials page we have a growing reputation for outstanding quality of service as much as for the beauty of Hirst Priory itself.
Events Manager & Somelier
Hirst Priory Bedroom, Kitchen & Vaults Development
Hirst Priory’s latest transformations have been supported by a Leader Funding grant. The main aims of the project were:
- Create four new Ensuite bedrooms – The extra bedrooms provide accommodation for larger overnight wedding parties and to make it more attractive and commercially viable for midweek and out of season guests to stay overnight.
- Installation of a commercial kitchen – Creation of a hygienic and safe commercial food service kitchen to enable breakfast and meal services to overnight guests, regular midweek light dining service in The Vaults and offer cost effective inhouse catering for smaller midweek and party functions.
- Development of “The Vaults” – Creation of a destination drink and dining attraction to attract tourism from outside the area, provide the Isle of Axholme with a high class midweek leisure option and provide a cosmopolitan experience to attract midweek business functions.
- In delivering the above new permanent employment opportunities have been created and the future success of the business made much more solid.
It is part funded by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development